Sunday, November 9, 2008

Change

If it's good for the country, and I believe it is, then it's good for the blog!

Over ther past 24 hours you may have noticed a couple of little alterations here on "Thoughts". That's what happens when need meets opportunity and a constantly running washer and dryer gives me bits of down time to play here whilst I wait for that nerve grinding sound that signals time to attend to them.

Changes thusfar...
My first priority was to move the music to the bottom of the page in order to facilitate a full view of the player. It irritated me no end that, although it was accessible to turn on and off easily, I couldn't always see the full title of the song, and rarely could I see the artist's name. Unacceptable. Being the musicaholic that I am I just had to move it. Done.

In moving the music location I revisited the playlist website to make sure the code was up to date. While doing that I found that individual playlist size has been DOUBLED!

I was like a kid in a candy store. Instead of careful culling in order to have what was most important to me, I can have MORE!! No more putting back one to have another in its place. Of course, once I reach the 190s I'll wish it was 400, but I'll enjoy this for now. After all, the songs available don't touch the scope of my musicaholism!

Newly added is: Leonard Cohen, Helen Reddy, Emerald Rose, Anne Murray, Flobots, Linkin Park, Cher, Tori Amos, Carl Orff and Johnny Cash.

(The Linkin Park song is one of V's faves. Listen to the lyrics.)

If you have music suggestions for the ol' blog just comment with song title and artist here. If it's available I'll listen and see if our taste in music matches (you have a darned good chance, LoL) and I'll add it! Heck, I'll post a shout out about ya here too.

Both proud mom pics have changed.

I swiped the gold AF Mom wreath from somewhere but I can't remember where. It's been housed in my AF pics file for a while now. It may even have been a jewelry site, in which case ~ I want it!

The Police Explorer patch pic was swiped from a general site. I wanted the world to know that J is more than a student, as he's obligated to be. Though the choir logo is nifty and he does love being a choir member.

It was his idea to go check out the Police Explorers on their Open House night last year and he joined with zeal. It was one of those, "Mom, can I? Please please please please..." begging moments. Sometimes as a mom, as much as I still have a certain quota of "No's" to say, it's darned fun saying "Yes" now and then. Just don't tell HIM that!

Newly added on the left hand margin is a link titled "Meow Chow" with a little kitty face on it. Following that link will lead you to a site with a silly cat-related trivia question. Right or wrong the kitties win! They and their sponsors make a food donation for hungry cats. Purrr. Go click. Daily in fact! Thanks.

That's about it for the moment. I have a funny feeling that more little tweaks are in store. If you have suggestions of your own to spiff up the blogosphere here, you know how to post them!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

excellent changes!
Truly, it was time well spent. Hmmm...I wonder if I am needing a bit of botox on my blog :)

~AirmanMom returning to her blog...