Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I lived

Well I lived through Monday's endodontic odyssey (with the assistance of some serious nitrous oxide!).

By midday I could gingerly sip soup, but speaking wasn't at all fun.
By the end of the day I was speaking fairly well and masticating semi-substantive food - albeit on the other side of my mouth - but heck, it worked!!

Today I returned for a full day of work. MAN, was my desk buried! Twice during the day I needed a dose of Advil, but other than that I was coherent and functional all day long. Wow, am I tired now though.

The radiating nerve pain is gone. The extreme sensitivity to cold is gone. The dull ache in my jaw will fade to a memory in time. I pray that the ability to open my mouth more than 1/16" will return someday.

Until then it's part and parcel of the diet plan. LoL

Thank you, to those who sent me good thoughts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to the land of the chewing...
Sorry you went through all that pain.
Hugs