Stolen from Irisi, who stole it from blue_sky_48220.
Sarah Palin married her high school boyfriend, Todd Palin, on August 29, 1988. The Palin family lives in Wasilla, about 45 miles (72 km) north of Anchorage. The Palins have two sons (Track, 19, and Trig, four months) and three daughters (Bristol, 17; Willow, 14; and Piper, 7) [ages as of August 2008].
Todd Palin has said Track's name came from the interest Sarah's parents had in the sport and the fact that he was born in the sport's season; Bristol was named after Bristol Bay in Alaska, where Todd grew up and where he does commercial fishing; Willow was named after Willow, Alaska; Piper got her name because it is uncommon and "a cool name"; Trig's name is Norse for "strength".
1) Your first-born will be named after your parents favorite sport.
2) Your second-born will be named after a nearby area that you're not from but you like the sound of part of the name, and maybe you have nostalgic memories of said place.
3) Your third-born will be named after another nearby place, for no reason other than you already have two children and don't have time to put much thought into another name.
4) Your fourth gets a "cool" name.
5) Your fifth gets something mythological, possibly straight out of Lord of the Rings.
WHICH MAKES MY KIDS:
Tiger, Petoskey, Salem, Dharma and Titania
(Had the first child been named after my FIL's fave sport, #1 would have been named, INDY.)
5 weeks ago