Wednesday, August 27, 2008

East Side West Side

All around the town... (sing along!)

I now work on the East Side of town and live on the West Side of town (divided clearly by I-75 which runs N/S from Florida, right up the middle of the Detroit area).

Remember when I interveiwed for my new job, I said that my father is resting about a mile from an intersection I pass twice a day? Well I took my afternoon off today and went from work to have lunch with dad and the relatives. After all, I owed my dad a 'thank you' for helping me get the job!

From there I drove even further East and spent some time on the shore of Lake St. Clair. What a glorious day it was to be at the lakeside in the sunshine! It almost felt like a little vacation.

When the time finally came, it didn't take that much longer to get home from the lakeshore than it did the office. Cool beans.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Very Cool. Sounds like you are liking so far? Lets hear some more stories.

Shar said...

"Cool Beans". *Smirk* ;)