Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Holy Wow

I started at my new job today!

Half of my day felt amazing, like embarking on a marvelous new journey with abundant potential. New people, open minds... Cool!

The rest of my 11-hour day was spent wondering what the heck I've gotten myself into. Office politics, troublesome red-headed step children... Oy!

The day was capped off by a committee meeting starring a stellar employee who's done a phenominal job at preparing for this whole thing... at which I sat nodding quietly ~ a lot. 2 bits of contributions and a definite air of "who are you again?!" prevailed.

So for now it's watch and learn... and then jump in to the deep end, life preserver or not!

Say an extra prayer for me this next couple of days, will you please? I think I'm gonna need it.

1 comment:

Tonjia said...

good luck! what kind of job is it???